In September 2015 we became a Reading School and began a Pastoral Restructure
• We adjusted the sessions in the school day.
• Lessons became 55 minutes to create an additional session of 25 minutes.
• This did not change the start and end time of school.
• It did not change the time available for break or lunch.
Students are allocated to the following groups in September:
Pastoral Restructure – Academic Mentoring
• Each year group will have a Progress Leader, Assistant Progress Leader and Well-Being Leader.
• Every morning before break there will be an Academic Mentoring session.
• This is organised in a year group structure.
• The aim is to monitor the academic progress of students and their engagement with school life.
• Students will receive regular mentoring to ensure they are making expected progress.
• Academic Mentors will ensure basic standards are in place to ensure all students are best prepared for learning.
• The Academic Mentor will be the first point of contact for parents and follow the students through the curriculum.
Reading School – Vertical/House Group
• After lunch all students will attend their vertical/House group for a 25 minute Reading Session.
• All students will be expected to have a reading book (fiction) and not a magazine or newspaper for this session.
• Students will follow the Accelerated Reader Programme to ensure they are reading material appropriate for the reading level.
• The aim of the session is to ensure that we are promoting independent reading as a school.
Please click the logo and you will automatically be taken to their website.
Recent Displays and LRC Events